Through this programme clients undertake a 4-week work placement that benefits the local community, whilst at the same time gaining some valuable, recent work experience for their CV.
Work placements can provide a valuable stepping stone towards sustainable employment. They can:
- Provide recent work experience and an up-to-date referee.
- Provide the practical skills and workplace experience needed to help jobseekers make the final step into employment.
- Build confidence and help establish the discipline and habits of working life.
- Benefit young people who lack any labour market experience.
- Build on the job-search and vocational skills developed on previous employability programmes.
- Offer the chance to try a job in a new industry and to make new contacts.
- Provide an opportunity to contribute to the local community.