Ingeus works in partnership with Jobcentre Plus to offer free training courses, advice and support to Jobseeker’s Allowance claimants who need to boost their job-hunting activities. This programme is available in Birmingham, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Northampton.
Who can join this programme?
- People who have been claiming JSA for six months or more
- Lone parents, carers and partners of JSA claimants
What support is available?
Our training modules give clients the opportunity to learn new skills, increase their confidence, and improve their chances of finding the right job.
- Skills for Work – learn what employers expect from staff, including communication skills, reliability and basic IT skills.
- Realistic Jobs for Me – explore the benefits of being in work, identify skills and job goals, increase motivation and confidence.
- Doing Effective Job Search – understand what employers want, broaden job goals, make job applications stand out.
- Finding and Getting a Job – learn how to identify suitable vacancies, contact employers and improve job applications and interview skills.
- Job Search Support Centre – get coaching support and use computers, the internet, and phones to make good job applications.
- Launch Pad – intensive 8-week programme of job preparation and job search support for lone parents, carers and partners. Includes group workshops and work placement with an employer.
- Keeping the Job – one-to-one mentoring support to find and keep the right job, including in-work support.
How do I contact Ingeus?
To find out more about the programme, contact your Jobcentre Plus adviser or call Ingeus on 0121 386 6960.
Find out where we are
Click on the links below to find addresses, maps and directions to our offices.